Miria Balungi – Program Assistant
Ms. Balungi Miria is a Programme Assistant at the Public Policy Institute, an independent not-for-profit public policy and organisational development thinktank based in Kampala, Uganda. She is an Information Scientist by profession with over five years work experience in the NGO sector, supporting the implementation of donor funded development programs including ‘Ours by Right’ program funded by European Union, the Leadership Academy and the Situation Room Televised Debate series funded by the Democratic Governance Facility (DGF), UPLIFT program funded by World Vision, Ni-yetu Youth program funded by Plan international , and Young at Heart program funded by Oxfam among others.
Ms Miria holds a bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science from Kyambogo University and competency in Training of Trainers, Report Writing and Data analysis, MS Computer Applications, Team Leadership and Organisational Management.
Before joining Public Policy Institute, Miria worked as an Administrative Assistant at Uganda Youth Network (UYONET) for 4 years where she managed and coordinated the front office, Communication section, Fleet department, Procurement related duties and overseeing the day to day office operations.
Well trained in the following fields;-
- Life Training Skills (TOT) –British Council
- Community Knowledge Centre Management (CKC) – CISCO
- Budget formulation and Accountability (TOT) – British Council
- Certificate in Citizen Journalism and Community Entrepreneurship – St. Lawrence University
- Certificate in Leadership – Democratic Governance Facility (DGF)
- Certificate in Gender, Women’s rights and governance – MS-TCDC (Arusha – Tanzania)
- Human rights Based approach in Programming (HRBA) – Action Aid
- +256 751 552397
- Miria Balungi