Patrick Wakida – Board Chairman
Dr. Patrick Wakida is the founder and Chief Executive of Research World International, one of the leading research companies in East and Central Africa. Dr. Wakida is a public policy analyst with specialisation in Labour Economics, Public Economics, Economics of Education, and Market and business research. He is a distinguished researcher and academician affiliated to several local and international institutions including:
- At the University of Warwick (Institute for Economic), where he is a visiting scholar; and
- Institute for Research on Poverty at the School of Oriental and African Studies, where he is a faculty affiliate;
Before establishing Research World International, Dr. Wakida worked as the Country Representative for Uganda for TNS Global Research Group between 2007 and 2011 and Research Associate/Lecturer at the Center for Primary Health Care and at the Faculty of Economics at the University of Warwick in the UK.
Dr. Wakida is a social and political analyst and a key pollster in Uganda. He has provided expert analysis based on evidence generated through opinion polls on Uganda’s last two general elections.
Dr. Wakida has authored and co-authored several scholarly articles and policy papers including;
- Wakida. P, Philippe, “Post-Secondary Attendance by Parental Income in Africa: What Role for Financial Aid Policy?” revision requested by Canadian Journal of Economics. (Earlier version: “Post-Secondary Attendance by Parental Income: Comparing the GLR, CIBC Centre for Human Capital and Productivity Working Paper 2010-3, 2010.)
- Wakida. P. and Enrico Moretti, “Estimating and Testing Non-Linear Models using Instrumental Variables,” NBER Working Paper No. 17039, revision requested by Review of Economics and Statistics, 2011.
- Elizabeth, and Wakida “Early and Late Human Capital Investments, Borrowing Constraints, and the Family,” Working Paper, 2012.
- Monge-Naranjo, Wakida and Lance Lochner, “Human Capital Formation with Endogenous Credit Constraints,” NBER Working Paper No. 8815, 2008.
Dr. Wakida holds a Ph.D. in Social Policy (University of Warwick), a MSc. In Agro-Economics and Management (Patrice Lumumba University), MPhil in Sociology of Development (University of Warwick) and Bachelor’s Degree in Economics (Islamic University in Uganda).
- +256 772 642764
- Wakida Patrick